In keeping with the theme of the VIII Americas Competitiveness Forum (ACF) “The Human Imagination at Work: Driving Competitiveness, Powering Innovation”, an Innovation Village which is scheduled from Thursday October 9th to Saturday October 11th, 2014 will be hosted at the Jean Pierre Complex.
This Village is a place of innovation, motion and movement, encouraging social and positive interaction and imagination. It is symbolic of the best of Trinidad & Tobago’s innovativeness where the workings of the human imagination are creatively and beautifully expressed through local culture.
In addition, this event serves to provide a unique, quality experience for citizens, forum participants and other visitors that will allow individuals to come together in a relaxed and imaginative atmosphere.
As a result, the Innovation Village will provide a platform for showcasing local, regional and international exhibitors. Some of the international organizations which will exhibit at the Innovation Village are Cicare of Argentina, Embraer of Brazil, Obzerv of Canada, Sikorsky of USA, Sert of France and Karcher of Germany.
The areas which will be exhibited include:
- Defence and Security;
- Health and Safety;
- Information and Communication Technology.
Moreover, the Innovation Village promises to offer a number of benefits for its participants and attendees. These include:
- International networking among delegates, private sector, exhibitors;
- Awareness building and the exchange of technology and innovative ideas;
- Promotion and building of a culture of Innovation in T&T;
- Business Opportunities – Excellent opportunities to place prospective local and foreign buyers and sellers in the same space;
- Educational Opportunities through Workshops – Youth participation and involvement.
- Adults- TT $40.00
- Children 12-18- TT $20
- Children in uniform are not required to pay an entrance fee.